No security can list on the ISM without the appointment of a Listing Sponsor. Listing Sponsors conduct the requisite due diligence to ensure that your business is ready for a listing on the market.
Prospective Issuers may select from the following approved Listing Sponsors:
Your Listing Sponsor will:
- Educate you on the initial and ongoing listing requirements
- Co-ordinate legal due diligence and ensure compliance with applicable rules
- Manage communication with the Barbados Stock Exchange and the Financial Services Commission (FSC)
- File your Listing Application Form with the Exchange and your Registration of Securities with the FSC; and
- Provide ongoing advice and support throughout the life of your listing.
For more information on the role of Listing Sponsors, click HERE.
It is expected that listing sponsors shall operate with integrity, competence and capability, and financial soundness.
The ISM’s Executive Committee is committed to reviewing all ISM Listing Sponsor Application Forms within 2 weeks of submission.
LISTING SPONSOR APPROVAL
An applicant seeking approval to act as a Listing Sponsor must file a completed “Application Form for Approval as a Listing Sponsor” with the Barbados Stock Exchange.
This form can be found under Appendix 6A of the Definitive Guide to Being a Listing Sponsor on the International Securities Market.
LISTING SPONSOR’S REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION
Approved listing sponsors are the only entities that can bring listings – on behalf on an Issuer – to the ISM. Accordingly, a listing sponsor – upon the successful completion of due diligence on a prospective listing from an Issuer – must submit a completed “Listing Sponsor’s Review and Recommendation Declaration Form” with the Barbados Stock Exchange.
This form can be found under Appendix 6B of the Definitive Guide to Being a Listing Sponsor on the International Securities Market.
For more information, please consult the following: