International best practice and a cost-effective structure – together with the backdrop of Barbados’ comprehensive tax & investment treaty network – combine to position the International Securities Market (ISM) as the global exchange of the future in the Western Hemisphere.
- access capital and future financing
- strengthen your financial structure
- add value to your corporate brand
- graduate to global capital markets
International Business Management
- build deep roots in a premiere jurisdiction for international business
- flexibility of issuing non-voting instruments to retain control of your company
- create attractive employee incentive mechanisms
- electronic clearing & settlement
- BSE an affiliate member of the World Federation of Exchanges
- BSE designated as a recognised stock exchange by HMRC in the U.K.
- ANNA/ISIN compliant
- Fully SWIFT compatible
No security can list on the ISM without the appointment of a Listing Sponsor. Listing Sponsors conduct the requisite due diligence to ensure that your business is ready for a listing on the market.
The due diligence requirement is in place to satisfy 3 different groups:
- Stock Exchange: The Barbados Stock Exchange (BSE) intends to conduct high-quality business with market actors. The due diligence process is a preventative measure – it ensures the ISM is inaccessible to criminal or other nefarious organizations.
- Issuers: A thorough due diligence process ensures the Issuer has the requisite qualifications for a listing. It will also assist the management and directors of the Issuer to understand the nature of the listing and the accompanying responsibilities.
- Investors: By completing the necessary steps to list on the Exchange, an issuer can firmly demonstrate its commitment to transparency and good governance – a sign to investors the world-over that they can transact in good faith on the ISM.
For more information on the International Securities Market, please consult the following: