International best practice and a cost-effective structure – together with the backdrop of Barbados’ comprehensive tax & investment treaty network – combine to position the International Securities Market (ISM) as the global exchange of the future in the Western Hemisphere.
- access capital and future financing
- strengthen your financial structure
- add value to your corporate brand
- graduate to global capital markets
International Business Management
- build deep roots in a premiere jurisdiction for international business
- flexibility of issuing non-voting instruments to retain control of your company
- create attractive employee incentive mechanisms
- electronic clearing & settlement
- BSE an affiliate member of the World Federation of Exchanges
- BSE designated as a recognised stock exchange by HMRC in the U.K.
- ANNA/ISIN compliant
- Fully SWIFT compatible
No security can list on the ISM without the appointment of a Listing Sponsor. Listing Sponsors conduct the requisite due diligence to ensure that your business is ready for a listing on the market.
The due diligence requirement is in place to satisfy 3 different groups:
- Stock Exchange: The Barbados Stock Exchange (BSE) intends to conduct high-quality business with market actors. The due diligence process is a preventative measure – it ensures the ISM is inaccessible to criminal or other nefarious organizations.
- Issuers: A thorough due diligence process ensures the Issuer has the requisite qualifications for a listing. It will also assist the management and directors of the Issuer to understand the nature of the listing and the accompanying responsibilities.
- Investors: By completing the necessary steps to list on the Exchange, an issuer can firmly demonstrate its commitment to transparency and good governance – a sign to investors the world-over that they can transact in good faith on the ISM.
All Issuers are regulated by the ISM’s General Listing Requirements (Rule 4400) and Continued Listing Requirements (Rule 5000).
For more information on the International Securities Market, please consult the following: