The Barbados Stock Exchange Inc (BSE) is seeking a suitably qualified individual to assist the Manager – Compliance and Regulatory Reporting with the performance of internal audits of the BSE and its wholly owned subsidiary the Barbados Central Securities Depository Inc (BCSDI). They will also assist with the examination of broker members and be responsible for monitoring the trading activity on the BSE and conduct market surveillance of market participants.
- Ensure listed companies and broker members are in compliance with their Listing Agreements and all requirements of the BSE including the submission of Quarterly, Half Yearly, and Annual Financial Reports.
- Review of daily newspapers and electronic communications and advise the CEO/General Manager (CEO/GM) and Manager – Compliance and Regulatory Reporting on pertinent items which may affect or impact the market and/or the BSE.
- Liaise with Listed Companies with respect to Corporate Actions e.g. Dividend Payments and other Share Register activity (i.e. Share Splits, Rights issues, Additional Listings etc.) and ensure the reporting of Material Changes.
- Review and prepare reports on the financial performance of listed companies and broker members.
- Approval of cross-border transactions within assigned limits.
- Adjudication of bond transactions within assigned limits.
- Daily Monitoring of trading activity and reporting any anomalies to the CEO/GM, Deputy General Manager – Operations and Manager – Compliance and Regulatory Reporting.
- Preparation of reports derived from trading statistics which may be required from time to time.
- Assist Manager – Compliance and Regulatory Reporting with the conduct of internal audits and the conduct of external examinations of broker members.
- Conduct relevant research to complement the strategic and business objectives of the BSE and BCSDI.
- Performs any other functions of a related nature or special assignments as may be assigned from time to time.
- Effectiveness and timeliness of market surveillance of broker members and listed companies.
- Frequency of Complaints
An attractive remuneration package, inclusive of participation in the Company’s Medical and Pensions plans awaits the successful applicant. If you meet the above requirements, email your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on January 20, 2020.
Unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged.