The Junior Market commenced operations in October 1999, and its objective is to cater to those smaller or newer public companies, which may not meet all the necessary requirements for listing in the Regular Market.
Listing Requirements – The Junior Market
Companies applying for listing on the Junior Market of the Exchange must meet the following criteria:
- have gross assets of not less than BDS $500,000 excluding goodwill;
- minimum equity capital of BDS $200,000;
- subordinated loan capital (other than prior-charge) not more than 25%¼ of Equity Capital;
- public shareholders numbering not less than 25 and holding not less than 25% of the issuer’s outstanding total Equity Capital;
- market introduction and continued sponsorship by a Member of the Exchange;
- have evidence of competent management; and
- be incorporated under the laws of Barbados or another jurisdiction approved by the Exchange.
Are you interested in investing in Barbados?
Get started with our FREE Shares 101 GuideDownload Now